Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer movies...

I guess I dodged a bullet when all my friends basically went and watch the Wolverine movie without me... although that situation sounded more like a possible scenario for one to type on FML. Although the later revelation (or realization) that I don't have a lot of friends did make it FML worthy.

Anyhow, Star Trek was great, Terminator Salvation is coming out this friday and I am excited. But afterward... there doesn't seem to be many films left to be excited about, at least not for watching on the big screen; well maybe Transformers 2... but since it's another Michael Bay film the only thing that I can take away from it would be the extremely prolonged action squences and Megan Fox running around on screen... and nothing more. 12 bucks per movie is quite a steep price for an unemployed dude.

Year One, Funny People, and (500) Days of Summer will all be on my "to watch" list... but more likely for a rental unless I were to watch them with friends. Anyone interested? *wink

On the topic of (500) Days of Summer, its very basic structure and concept sort of reminds me of Conversations with other Women... another great film that I have yet to finish (and study). I love the leads in both of those films... so hopefully (500) wouldn't disappoint.


2 comments: